Monday, March 7, 2011

Home of the north wind

I never heard of Skagway until Justin and I met. He told me he was going to be a tour bus driver in Skagway, AK for the summer. I had been to Alaska once on a family trip. We flew into Anchorage and rented an RV and drove to such towns and areas as: Talkeetna (We ate the best sourdough pancakes there), Seward (Incredible landscape! We took a day cruise there and saw the most amazing wild life!), Homer (went out to the spit and watched as they brought in the day's halibut catch), Denali (beautiful country and more amazing wildlife!). It was an amazing trip and I thought that nothing could be as beautiful as Alaska. Skagway didn't let me down.



The view looking south from downtown.



Is that the star of Bethlehem, you wonder? No, it's the full moon over Skagway.
Only us winter folk get to see it. It never gets this dark in the summer!



The view looking north from our back porch.

I loved Skagway so much when I first came and Justin and I got engaged that I had to come back. We figured it would be a good idea to come for two summers and pay off some debt then go back home. This summer will be number three.

No comments: