Friday, March 4, 2011

Justin

You know, I've never been good at keeping journals. The day to day life of me isn't inspiring enough, in my opinion, to put it down on paper. But I find that when I'm alone with my own thoughts, which is my common state of being these days, my thoughts threaten to riot and cause me to word vomit on the first person I see. It's not a pretty sight...or sound. So I guess this blog has to turn into something that is meant to keep my sanity in check until summer rolls around and brings the tidal wave of tourists that end up taking away my ability to think at all! So here goes:

That's my husband, Justin. He's a man, not a boy pretending to be a man. And he's my man. He's not afraid of responsibility. He's not afraid to cry. He's not afraid to say it like it is. He's not afraid to open his heart to anyone who is in need of a friend. He has a booming voice that can be heard over crowds in basketball games. He is a master of accents. He has a dream of being a sports announcer or voice talent for animated films (and he would be amazing at either of these). But for now he's a computer technician at our local railroad company. It's not his dream job, but like many other people, does it because it pays the bills.

He's good at his job because he is extremely smart. He never worked with computers before he got this job, but because he figured things out on his own while working at the local Radio Shack, the rail company had enough Justin fans to get him hired on. He's a master story teller. Anyone who knows Justin knows that this is true. When we first met he was a bus driver, first as a school bus driver, then as a tour driver in Alaska. I love listening to his bus stories. I think in the next post I'll write down one of his bus stories. He has red hair. I love his red hair. I hope we have red headed children. He hopes we don't. Apparently life isn't easy for red heads.

He tells me I'm beautiful everyday, several times a day, often at times when I'm not really all that beautiful (i.e. in the morning, no make up, bad breath, hair that could easily be mistaken for some kind of rodent nest). He is one of the most interesting people that I know. I always wonder what's going through his head. I love him.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love the sunglasses--really! You two are such a great couple! I wanted red-heads, too, but no such luck. I hope you do get one. I took a running class at our local running store, and one of the teachers/runners is a red-head named Golden. It fit his personality, too. I loved it!